12g starter from the fridge
60g wholemeal rye flour
Mix, cover and leave for 8-12h
174g production starter
466g strong white flour
58g wholemeal flour
50g Kalamata olives, rinsed, drained and lightly dried
1-2 tbs good olive oil
1. Mix, cover with a shower cap and rest for 20min.
2. Mix and leave for 20/30min.
3. Bulk ferment for 2h30-3h. SF every 30min
4. Pre-shape and rest for 20min.
5. Blend together until you have a smooth, thick paste
6. Shape the dough into a rectangle, spread the paste up ¾ of the length. Roll and shape for a batard. Put in the prepared baking tin. Will prove in about 2h.
7. Preheat the oven to 250C.
8. Bake at highest temp for 10min, drop temp to 220C and bake for another 20min.
10. The loaf will be baked when a probe measures 98C in its core.
11. Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting.